People Can Fly has released a new update for Outriders that restores cross-play across PS4, PS5 and PC. As such, PC gamers can now play alongside their Playstation friends. People Can Fly is working with Microsoft for the Xbox patch, which will restore cross-play with its platforms once it goes live.
As we’ve already stated, this patch aims to minimize the stuttering issues that currently affect the game. As we wrote in our PC Performance Analysis, though, we didn’t experience a lot of stutters while benchmarking the game.
Furthermore, the April 9th Patch fixes a number of issues and packs a number of stability improvements for the matchmaking service.
As always, Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Outriders April 9th Update Release Notes
- Fixed a performance issue where GPU is not being fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11/12 issues
- Overall stability improvements for matchmaking & multiplayer
- Default matchmaking setting has been changed from “Open” to “Closed”
- Fixed crash on launch issues
- Fixed the crash when completing the “A Bad Day” side quest
- Many more “random” crash fixes
- Fixed the HUD disappearing in certain cases
- Fixed bugs that interfere with players re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions
- Also fixed bugs with players getting stuck on geometry or falling out of the world
- Many other minor fixes and improvements