NVIDIA has just released a new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 419.17 WHQL driver provides the optimal gaming experience for Anthem and DiRT Rally 2.0, and includes support for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics cards.
This driver also fixes a bug that rendered the decals in Doom 2016 (and in Doom Eternal) as black, addresses the screen artifacts in Battlefield 5 that could appear in the game when Texture Filtering was set to High Quality in the NVIDIA Control Panel, and makes Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) available for monitors with 4k2k timings.
Furthermore, NVIDIA GeForce 419.17 WHQL driver updates the SLI profiles for Apex Legends and Far Cry New Dawn, resolves the Iray GPU acceleration crashes and falls back to CPU acceleration, and fixes random application crash or TDR introduced in previous
GeForce display driver 418.81.
Unfortunately for APEX Legends players, this driver does not address the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message so we suggest using an older driver if you are currently playing Respawn’s free to play title.
Those interested can download this new driver from here, and below you can find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 419.17 WHQL Release Notes
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Anthem and DiRT Rally 2.0
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Apex Legends
- Far Cry New Dawn
Software Module Versions
- nView – 149.34
- HD Audio Driver – 18.104.22.168
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.18.0907
- GeForce Experience – 22.214.171.124
- CUDA – 10.0
Added support for GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
NVIDIA Control Panel
Updated to version 8.1.950. Added new Developer->Manage GPU Performance Counters controls.
Video Codec SDK 9.0 (Released Feb 11, 2019)
- Included Features
- Supports NVENC/NVDEC on NVIDIA Turing GPUs
- NVENC API has been updated to support HEVC B-frames on Turing GPUs.
- NVENC API adds the capability to output the encoded bitstream, and motion vectors from Motion-Estimation-only mode to video memory. This avoids the overhead of copying the output from system to video memory for processing pipelines operating directly on video memory.
- NVENC API now accepts CUArray as an input buffer. The SDK contains a sample application to demonstrate how to feed Vulkan surface to NVENC using VulkanCUDA interop.
Optical Flow SDK 1.0 (Released Feb 11, 2019)
This is a new API for Optical Flow and stereo disparity hardware engine, available on Turing GPUs.
- [Doom Eternal / Doom 2016]: Decals render as black. 
- [Battlefield V]: Screen artifacts appear in the game when Texture Filtering is set to High Quality in the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) is not available for monitors with 4k2k timings. 
- [Iray][OptiX]: Iray GPU acceleration crashes and falls back to CPU acceleration.
- Windows 7×64/8.1×64: Fixes random application crash or TDR introduced in previous GeForce display driver 418.81. 
Windows 10 Issues
- [G-SYNC]: With a G-SYNC and G-SYNC Compatible display connected in clone mode, flashing occurs on games played on the G-SYNC display with G-SYNC enabled. 
- [Apex Legends]: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message may appear and then the game crashes.
- [Hitman 2]: Pixelated corruption appears in the game. 
- [HDR][Ni no Kuni 2]: Enabling HDR causes the application to crash when launched. 
- [ARK Survival]: Multiple errors and then blue-screen crash may occur when playing the game. 
- [Batman: Arkham Origins]: PhysX fog renders incorrectly 
- [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. 
- Random desktop flicker occurs on some multi-display PCs