NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 517.48 WHQL driver offers optimal performance in Overwatch 2, and adds support for the NVIDIA DLSS technology to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Additionally, this new driver fixes a number of game issues. For instance, it resolves some texture corruption issues in Microsoft Flight Simulator after extended gameplay. It also addresses some display shadow flickering issues in Jurassic World Evolution 2.
You can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 517.48 WHQL Driver Release Notes
Game Ready for Overwatch 2
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Overwatch 2. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest releases and updates including the addition of NVIDIA DLSS technology to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- [Advanced Optimus] Brightness setting is not getting applied correctly on certain Lenovo notebooks in dedicated GPU mode
- [Windows 10][Advanced Optimus]: On certain notebook configurations, “NVIDIA GPU only” option does not persist on system reboot
- [Adobe Illustrator] Using Reduce Noise with Ray Tracing appears pixelated
- [Windows 11] Chaos Vantage fails to start when NVLink is enabled
- [Adobe Photoshop] Resolves random crashes in DirectML.dll
- [Fusion 360] Addresses performance issues when using variable refresh rate monitors
- On rare occasions, video playback in browser may result in bugcheck code: 0x116
- [Jurassic World Evolution 2] Game may display shadow flickering
- Native resolution is not available on the Samsung U28R55/ ASUS VG249Q1A monitors
- [Windows 11] Some UWP apps may display lag when G-SYNC is set to “Enable G-SYNC for windowed and full-screen mode” and “Vertical sync” is changed from the default value
- Resolves incorrect wording for NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Shader Cache Size in German language 
- External displays connected to certain Razer notebooks via USB-C/Thunderbolt docks/dongles are not detected
- [Reallusion Hub] App will crash when launched on PC using a CPU with 32+ logical processors
- [DirectX 12] Microsoft Flight Simulator may display texture corruption after extended gameplay
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”