NVIDIA has just released a new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 465.89 WHQL driver offers optimal performance in Evil Genius 2, Dirt 5’s latest update, and the Kingdom Hearts series.
Additionally, this driver brings support for Resizable BAR across the GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs. Moreover, it includes beta support for virtualization on GeForce GPU.
It’s also worth noting that this driver fixes a number of bugs. For instance, it fixes the pixelated smoke issues in Rainbow Six Siege. It also resolves the increased GPU power consumption issues in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors.
As always, you can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 465.89 WHQL Driver Release Notes
Game Ready for Outriders
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the launch of Outriders, which features NVIDIA DLSS technology. Additionally, this release also provides optimal day-1 support for:
- DIRT 5’s new ray tracing update
- The launch of Evil Genius 2: World Domination
- The launch of the KINGDOM HEARTS Series on the Epic Games Store
- Includes support for Resizable BAR across the GeForce RTX 30 Series of Desktop and Notebook GPUs
- Includes beta support for virtualization on GeForce GPU
Added the following SLI profiles.
- Shenmue III (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only)
- The Medium (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only)
- Added support for extended DP-to-HDMI 2.1 PCON clock frequency range to better support 8K TVs.
- Changed the G-SYNC on-screen status indicator to be less obtrusive.
- [Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan]: Smoke appears pixelated.
- [Vulkan][X4: Foundations 4.00/X4: Cradle of Humanity] The game may crash on GeForce RTX 30 Series.
- [GeForce RTX 3090]: Blue-screen crash occurs when Samsung Odyssey G9 is paired with HDMI TV.
- [GeForce RTX 2060]: Blue-screen crash (DPC_WATCHDOGS_VIOLATION) occurs when playing a game and watching YouTube video simultaneously.
- [Sunset Overdrive]: The application may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from in-game settings
- Realtek Displayport-to-HDMI 2.1 protocol converter clock limited to 600MHz pixel clock
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere/Turing GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors.
- [GFE Screenshot/HDR]: Application screenshots are washed out when HDR is enabled.