NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 440.97 WHQL driver offers the optimal gaming experience in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and The Outer Worlds.
What’s also interesting here is that this new driver adds support for windowed G-SYNC for OpenGL and Vulkan-based applications. This is something that will please a lot of G-SYNC fans out there, so kudos to the green team. Furthermore, it fixes flashes or frame drops in several Notebook models when running G-SYNC in the lower of the two system refresh rates.
This new driver also fixes the crash issues of Star Wars: Battlefront 2, FIFA 19 and FIFA 20. It also resolves the random flickering issues in APEX Legends. Moreover, it addresses some colored corruption issues in Forza Horizon 4 during gameplay.
You can download the NVIDIA GeForce 440.97 WHQL driver from here. You can also find below the complete changelog for this driver.
NVIDIA GeForce 440.97 WHQL Driver Release Notes
Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and The Outer Worlds.
Adds support for windowed G-SYNC for OpenGL and Vulkan-based applications.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Darwin Project
- The Outer Worlds (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only)
New Features and Other Changes
- G-SYNC is now supported on windowed OpenGL and Vulkan applications.
- Fixed flashes or frame drops in several Notebook models when running G-SYNC in the lower of the two system refresh rates.
- [FIFA 19/FIFA 20]: The game may crash to the desktop.
- [Apex Legends]: Random flickering occurs on the screen.
- [Star Wars: Battlefront II]: Random crashes to the desktop occur.
- [Growtopia][GeForce RTX]: The game crashes when launched.
- [Tradesmen OS3DE]: Objects are missing in the game.
- [World of Warcraft]: Flickering occurs on the character select screen.
- [Cinema 4D]: Trailing ghosting effect appears when moving the brush tool.
- [Shadow Of The Tomb Raider][DirectX 12]: The game crashes after hitting a TDR error.
- [Forza Horizon 4]: Colored corruption appears in the game during gameplay.
- [Notebook][GeForce GTX 970M]: GPU clock cannot be boosted beyond base clock speed.
- [Battlefield V][G-SYNC][HDR]: When G-SYNC and HDR are enabled, the game cannot be maximized to full-screen after being minimized to the taskbar.
- [Grand Theft Auto V]: The game frequently crashes.