NVIDIA has released a new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 381.65 WHQL driver provides the optimal gaming experience for Quake Champions, adds support for Windows 10 Creators Update, and adds Dolby Vision support for games.
Furthermore, this new driver adds DTS X and Dolby Atmos support for 5.1.2 speaker configuration, and adds Ansel support for Snake Pass and Kona.
NVIDIA has also addresses some GPU/games specific issues. This driver fixes some shimmering issues in Battlefield 1 that occured on grass and trees with SLI and in-game TAA enabled, fixes an issue with the GeForce GTX980Ti GPUs that occasionally got stack in a low power state after pressing Alt-Tab while playing a game, and fixes the heavy flickering issues in Serious Sam HD with V-sync enabled.
Those interested can download this new driver from here.
Here are the release notes for the NVIDIA GeForce 381.65 WHQL driver:
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Quake Champions Closed Beta.
New Product Support
Added support for the NVIDIA TITAN Xp.
- Added support for Windows 10 Creators Update.
- Added DTS X and Dolby Atmos support for 5.1.2 speaker configuration.
- Added Dolby Vision support for games.
- Added NVIDIA® AnselTM support for Snake Pass and Kona.
- NVIDIA Control Panel
- Display page: Added the option to override the Windows 10 control of desktop color settings.
- Manage 3D Settings page: Added option to disable self-refresh power-saving feature for G-Sync.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Descent: Underground – updated
3D Vision Profiles
No 3D Vision profiles were added with this version.
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 381.65
The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.
- [XSplit][DirectX 12 games such as Rise of the Tomb Raider]: Games experience poor performance.
- [GeForce GTX TITAN X][SLI][Battlefield 1- XP1 Update]: Shimmering occurs on grass and trees with SLI and in-game TAA enabled.
- [GeForce GTX 1070][Serious Sam HD]: Heavy flickering occurs in the game with V-sync enabled.
- [GeForce GTX 980 Ti]: The GPU occasionally gets stuck in a low power state after pressing Alt-Tab while playing a game.