NVIDIA released today its highly anticipated DirectX 12 performance driver. According to the release notes, the GeForce 378.78 driver offers optimal performance in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands and includes DirectX 12 optimizations which provide additional performance increases for a variety of titles.
According to NVIDIA, users should see improvements across multiple GPU architectures although the amount of improvements will vary by system configuration.
In other words, these DX12 performance improvements are not exclusive to NVIDIA’s Pascal architecture.
Those interested can download this new driver from here.
And here are the release notes for the NVIDIA GeForce 378.78 WHQL driver.
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands
Includes DirectX 12 optimizations which provide additional performance increases for a variety of titles
SLI Profiles: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Titanfall 2, Tom Clancy’s The Division
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 378.78
- [Discord]: The GFE FPS counter appears in the application. 
- [GeForce 1050 Ti][Notebook]: Blue-screen crash occurs on some notebook platforms. 
- [GeForce GTX 980 Ti][PhysX]: PhysX uses the CPU when Optimize for Compute Performance setting is OFF, resulting in a drop in performance. 
- [GeForce GTX 980][CUDA]: Driver error occurs when trying to compute with GPUGrid CUDA application.
- [GeForce GTX 980 Ti][OpenCL]: Driver error occurs when trying to compute PrimeGrid Genefer OpenCL tool. 
- [NVENC][Steam]: NvFBC H.264 encode crashes.