NVIDIA has released a new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, this is a game-ready driver for Oculus Rift that releases today. Not only that, but this driver adds an SLI profile for Dark Souls III.
The NVIDIA GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver brings full support for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, optimizations and enhancements for virtual reality games such as EVE: Valkyrie, Chronos, and Elite Dangerous, and the latest support for NVIDIA VRWorks.
Those interested can download this new driver from here.
And here are the release notes for this brand new driver:
Virtual reality is here! This Game Ready driver brings full support for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, optimizations and enhancements for virtual reality games such as EVE: Valkyrie, Chronos, and Elite Dangerous, and the latest support for NVIDIA
VRWorks. The new driver also brings the latest support and enhancements for the upcoming HTC Vive headset.
Game ready for Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Dark Souls III, and Paragon early-access.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Dark Souls III – SLI profile added
3D Vision Profiles
Added or updated the following 3DV profiles:
- Dark Souls III – Not recommended
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition – Not recommended
- Hitman Pro – Not recommended
- Paragon – Not recommended
- Quantum Break – Not recommended
3D Compatibility Mode Profiles
No compatibility mode profiles were added with this version.
- NView – version 147.00
- HD Audio Driver – version 18.104.22.168
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – version 9.15.0428
- GeForce Experience – version 22.214.171.124
- CUDA – version 8.0
Windows 10 Fixed Issues
- [364.54] System hang or BSOD on express installation of 364.54 driver over 364.51 driver with single HDMI monitor connected. 
- [Razer Dock] Hot unplug then plug causes “Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered” notification. 
- ? [SLI, Tom Clancy’s The Division] Frequent freezes and pauses as well as low GPU usage result in low FPS. 
- [364.51, SLI] BSOD when SLI enabled on 364.51 or 364.47. 
- [364.51, SLI] In a multi-monitor configuration with one G-SYNC monitor and one nonG-SYNC monitor, the FPS in games drops to single digits if Chrome hardware acceleration is enabled and V-SYNC is off. 
Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista Fixed
- [SLI, Tom Clancy’s The Division] Frequent freezes and pauses as well as low GPU usage result in low FPS. 
- [359.00] PowerDirector crashes in nvspcap64.dll.