Bugbear Entertainment has released a new update for Next Car Game: Wreckfest. According to its changelog, this update implements an experimental version of part repairing and crew mechanics, as well as new grass. In addition, this patch improves all suspension setups and packs various server improvements. This patch will be auto-downloaded from Steam, and you can read its complete changelog below.
Next Car Game: Wreckfest – February 26th Update Changelog:
- Implemented an experimental version of part repairing and crew mechanics.Note that in order to be able to repair you first need to recruit a crew by clicking the small crew button above the car’s icon and then assign your newly-recruited crew to the car.
- Added a new work-in-progress tarmac track.
- Improved all suspension setups.
- Added Racing and Rally tyres in addition to Standard ones.
- Improved off-road surfaces, now they are either more slippery or slow down.
- Improved clutch logic so it’s now easier to get the car moving again after spinning out.
- Improved gamepad controller.
- Fixed frequent crashing when joining servers with lawn mowers.
- Improved vehicle paint-job changing speed.
- Improved game start-up time after system boot.
- Fixed graphics settings resetting after system boot.
- Excluded paint-job related files from data modification check.
- Implemented new grass.
- Alpha-to-coverage multisampling for foliage is now always enabled.
- Removed festive stuff.Server:
- Added basic event rotation functionality for dedicated server.
- Added an ability to log dedicated server’s messages to a file.
- Further reduced idle dedicated server CPU usage.
- Dedicated server configuration is from now on read from server_config.cfg file which is not clobbered by Steam updates. The file is seeded from the old initial_server_config.cfg file.