Modder ‘Fuse00’ has released the second major mod for Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Similarly to EzioMaverick’s Outfit mod, this one replaces Lara’s face texture. According to the modder, the aim of this mod is to make Lara look similar to her original Tomb Raider version (higher detail obviously but similar face structure).
Now while this is a cool mod, I kind of enjoy Lara’s new face. Yes, while it may not resemble the old Lara, it actually looks great in my opinion. However, those that really want an alternative can use this new face texture (or wait for another one now since modders are currently experimenting with it). And yes, a nude mod may be closer than you think (though there is still no word about such a thing).
Do note that this mod also requires Kaldaien’s Special K, otherwise it won’t work. Fuse00 has also shared some screenshots in order to showcase Lara’s new face textures that you can find below.
Those interested can download the mod from here, and you can install it by following this guide:
- Download Special K tool from: https://steamcommunity.com/app/637650/discussions/0/1697167168518535998/
- Extract the contents of Zip (SK_FFXV.7z) to Steam\steamapps\common\Shadow of the Tomb Raider folder (or wherever SOTTR.exe is stored in your case)
- Turn off DirectX12 in case in is on
- Set textures quality option to “Ultra”
- Extract mod’s archive into Steam\steamapps\common\Shadow of the Tomb Raider folder
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”