Pete Stilwell the senior producer for Blizzards Classic games has taken to battle.net and has announced a brand new test realm for Warcraft 3 to be released now.
At the moment players can now to go to their Blizzard client, download and play the new Warcraft 3 test realm for completely free. The realm will include map pools for 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s and much more tweaks and balancing changes, the official patch list can be found below.
- Balanced creep camp difficulty progression from early to late game
- Balanced creep drop tables for better item progression from early game to late game
- Item diversity: Varied Level 1 though 6 charged items and Level 1 through 6 permanent items
- Balanced all start locations: total amount and starting distance from lumber, equal amount of spacing, equal size choke points, et cetera
- Balanced expansion distance from start locations
- Decluttered points of interest to reduce visual competition during gameplay
- Retextured map surfaces for better visual clarity – both on screen and mini-map
- Minimized the size of trees and doodads that obstructed player view of points of interest
- Added cliff lines or deep water to edges of the map – removing hard edges (aesthetic choice for immersion)
- Properly placed trees and doodads on the pathing grid: full-cell Medium Grid to half-cell Medium Grid alternate
- Removed the rolling shoreline waves from rolling hills to remove the noise the waves created – remains for cliff shores
Stilwell says further support is planned for the future with a upcoming patch being in the process that would include improvement of matchmaking, add automated tournaments ladderboards and improve latency.