Cold Symmetry has detailed the day-1 update for its upcoming Dark Souls-inspired action RPG, Mortal Shell. According to the release notes, this patch brings a number of fixes and optimizations, as well as various improvements.
Going into more details, this day-1 patch fixes a crash rarely occurring during the last boss fight. Moreover, it updates the lighting in the Cathedral, and packs balancing, audio and VO updates and improvements.
Furthermore, this update updates max lock on range to 2200 for most enemies, 10000 for dark father. It also makes some changes to the logic that hides/shows the Usable Weapons.
As always, Steam will apply this update automatically on the game when it comes out. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Mortal Shell Day-1 Update Release Notes
- Fix for The Player is able to kill Tarsus instantly with the Second Special attack of Martyr’s Blade.
- Fixed a bug with dark father where if you approached him with solomon or foundling when delivering the final gland you’d be stuck with a gland forever and you’d be sad and message the developers why you have much gland.
- Removed the “Gland_Stew” Inscription entry from Compendium
- Fixed a crash rarely occurring during last boss fight.
- Inside the Fast Travel Menu, images of the locked locations are now blurred
- Updated max lock on range to 2200 for most enemies, 10000 for dark father
- Fixed shell position in fallgrim
- Updated Cathedral lighting
- Changing the logic that hides/shows the Usable Weapons when their visibility gets updated: now instead of immediately setting the Static Mesh visibility the weapon gets dissolved by using the Scalar Parameter “Amount” and with a Timeline
- Audio and VO updates and improvements
- Balancing updates and improvements
- Updated end credits
- Minor update to game logo in title screen and main menu
- Several Bug fixes and optimisations