As promised, Microsoft released today the VR Update for Microsoft Flight Simulator. According to the team, the game now supports a wide range of VR devices, including most Windows Mixed Reality headsets (including the HP Reverb G2), Oculus, Valve, and HTC headsets.
In addition, this latest update adds two new training missions that will help you take off and land with the Airbus A320neo. It also enhances Live Weather with Meteo blue data to include snow and ice coverage. Additionally, it brings free aviators club livery for all 30 planes, as well as test pilot livery for all 30 planes to all Alpha and Beta testers.
It’s also worth noting that the December 2020 Patch optimizes ATC memory footprint. It also fixes an issue where standard animations on air traffic planes could crash the game.
As always, Steam and Windows Store will download Update 188.8.131.52 the next time you launch their clients. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Microsoft Flight Simulator VR Patch 184.108.40.206 Release Notes
- Virtual Reality is now available to all users as a free update for all OpenXR-compliant headsets! Visit the VR option menu in-game to enable the feature.
- Two new training missions will help you take off and land with the Airbus A320neo.
- Live Weather is enhanced with Meteo blue data to include snow and ice coverage.
- Spotlight Event now features an Airbus A320neo Landing Challenge. See how well you do after training!
- Sam and Rufus liveries for the Aviat Pitts Special S2S
- Aviators club livery for all 30 planes available in the Marketplace for free!
- Test pilot livery for all 30 planes will be granted to all Alpha and Beta testers!
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Fixed an issue where standard animations on air traffic planes could crash the game.
- Optimized ATC memory footprint
- Fix choosing closed runway on the World map
- Also fixed ATC pronouncing airport name letter by letter
- Fix ATC giving wrong altitude if first approach waypoint has no altitude descriptor
- New Content manager menu
- Reactivity” and “Extremity dead zone” parameters have been added to the device sensitivity screen
- Copilot is no longer turned on through different play sessions
- Visual help has been added to highlight instruments during tutorials
- You can now map buttons / switches numbered higher than 30 using the Search option in the Input box
- Scroll is now available for camera toolbar panel
- In Controls Options, the profile description of a newly plugged peripheral is now displayed
- Improves performance in the marketplace
- Also fixes various accessibility issues
- Fixed VFR map becoming transparent when resizing
- Ground SFX improvements on Textron aircrafts
- Kinematic sounds improvements on aerobatic planes
- Added seatbelt & no smoking chimes in airliners
- Bug fix and polish on instruments, buttons and flight control SFX
- Fixed no audio heard when aircraft flies over Outer marker beacon
- Fixed flickering clouds for some specific GPUs
- Also fixed sun flare flickering on certain occasions
- Reduced density of lights on secondary roads in the countryside
- Also fixed taxi ribbon displayed inside the cockpit
All aircraft shared fixes and improvements
- Plane models update and optimization
- Fixing avionics / FMS validating next waypoint too early when flying
- Fixed several aircraft going back to departure airport when approach is activated on G1000
- Tweaked ground effect
- Planes can land and roll on ice
- Fixed warnings and alerts not resetting when instruments reboot
- Also fixed monitor a frequency in COM 2
- Improves Copilot behavior