Avalanche has released a new major update for Just Cause 4. According to the team, the Spring Update improves world lighting, with global lighting presets being tuned and materials modified to provide better visibility to players and make the world look more vibrant.
The game’s underwhelming lighting system was one of the things we criticized in our PC Performance Analysis, so it’s good witnessing Avalanche enhancing and improving it.
Furthermore, this new patch adds destructible Black Hand Statues and Metal Train Bridges, adds new Mobile Chaos Objects and improves Black Hand combat.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client and you can find its complete changelog below.
Just Cause 4 Spring Update Release Notes
- Improved Lighting in Shadow
- Made tweaks to the world lighting presets
- Improved Night-time Visibility
- New Black Hand Destructible Statue
- New Sky Crane and Black Hand Truck carrying Chaos Objects
- New Destructible Train Bridges
- Increased Ammo Capacity on Most Weapons
- More Aggressive Black Hand Vehicle Combat
- Better Air Combat Against Helicopters and Drones
- Increased Black Hand Patrols in Solís
- Increased Trains in the World
- Streamlined the Supply Drop UI
- Supply Drop pilot panel now displays loadout for each pilot
- Added an “AR” icon when AR Mode is activated
- Changed the Operations unlock description from “Pre-Requisites” to “Requirements”
- Increased LOD Distance on Blue Electrical Spark VFX
- Fixed an issue with the Frontline Mist VFX
- Added a more Explosive Destruction VFX to the Turret
- Fixed LOD on the Dirigibles
- Fixed a bug causing Overlapping Text when Continuing a Save after Starting a New Save
- On the Store Page, the Reload Function will now work after a Connected Standby
- General Bug Fixes
- Added a Button Conflict Prompt when Remapping is Not Allowed (PC Only)