17-BIT has announced that GALAK-Z is coming to Steam on October 29th. GALAK-Z is described as a modern, A.I. and physics-driven open-world action game, viewed through the lens of the classic 16-bit space shooter.
Powered by the Cyntient AI platform, GALAK-Z aims to put players in control of anime-inspired spacecraft inhabiting procedurally generated worlds.
In GALAK-Z both stealth and skill are required to defeat your enemies.
“You will be forced to outsmart enemies that think, react and cooperate like seasoned pilots! Master your ship’s sublimely-honed controls as you blast enemies, unleash missile salvos, and even toss your opponents, mech-style, to their explosive demise.”
GALAK-Z features an Arcade Mode that will let you replay failed missions any number of times without losing all of your saved progress, as well as a Rogue Mode that retains GALAK-Z’s original white-knuckle roguelike challenge that ‘harkens back to the 16-bit era of gaming.’ Rogue mode will always be available if and when you’re looking to test your skill and bravery by putting everything on the line, every mission.
Here are the game’s key features:
- New ARCADE mode with per-Mission checkpoints!
- Procedurally-assembled levels
- Physics based combat simulator!
- Advanced enemy A.I for intense dogfights!
- Scripted missions and ‘roguelite’ structure
- Resource-based, progressive weapons system
- Inspired by 70s / 80s anime and arcade shooters