Epic Games has announced that Fortnite surpassed 3.4 million concurrent players this Sunday on all platforms. This new record also brought some server issues that Epic addressed. In addition, the team has released a brand new patch for its title.
Fortnite patch 2.4.2 adds new skins and introduces the Crossbow. This weapon comes in both Rare and Epic variants and fires Arrows, which are an unlimited ammo type. The Crossbow can be found from floor loot and treasure chests.
This update also removes harsh high-frequency sound from the Chomp Jr pickaxe and brings a number of fixes.
Fortnite patch 2.4.2 will be auto-downloaded from Epic’s launcher, and you can view its complete changelog below.
Fortnite Patch 2.4.2 Release Notes
- The Shooting Test #1 Limited-Time Mode has been switched to Solo only.
- Known Issue: The Shooting Test does not save progression for stats or challenges.
- Shotgun headshot damage increased to 200% (was 150%).
- Scoped Assault Rifle is now 100% accurate when zoomed in.
- Scoped Assault Rifle no longer has damage fall-off.
- Players will no longer slide off rooftops.
- Fix for Item Shop panels disappearing after completing a V-buck purchase through the Store Tab.
- Fix for collision inconsistencies in certain basement corners.
- Fixed a hole in the terrain south of Retail Row.
- Removed harsh high-frequency sound from the Chomp Jr pickaxe.
- This weapon fires Arrows, which are an unlimited ammo type.
- Found from floor loot and treasure chests.
- This weapon comes in both Rare and Epic variants.