Obsidian Entertainment has released the first beta patch for Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. According to the release notes, this patch fixes some mouse functionality issues, packs various VO fixes to the Vox Machina voice sets and Credit fixes, and fixes some shader issues that could cause black screens on Mac’s with Intel integrated graphics cards.
As the development team noted, your save files will work for this branch so there is nothing to worry about. The new Patch Beta branch that has the latest fixes for anyone who wants to take advantage of those fixes sooner rather than later can be accessed from Steam by selecting the beta build (right click on the game, select Properties, and select the Beta tab).
Below you can find the complete changelog for the game’s latest beta build.
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Beta Patch Release Notes
These are the update notes for Beta Build 71.
- Fixed mouse functionality issue for users who had their Windows language setting on something other than English.
- Crew members on Story difficulty can now be killed if they mutiny.
- Watchers who are hostile to the pirates of Fort Deadlight will find the door to the Court open to prevent the NPCs keeping them in combat without being able to be engaged.
- Watchers are now able to subdue Scyorielaphas even if all the wards are destroyed.
- Change to the Pillars 1 history creator now removes options from the list once a choice has been made to prevent confusion.
- Eder’s end game state from Pillars 1 has been fixed.
- Watchers who took the baby orlan in Pillars 1 will now see her in Vilario’s Rest.
- Various VO fixes to the Vox Machina voice sets.
- Various Credit fixes.
These are the update notes for Beta Build 73.
- Watchers were unable to set or save cloned AI behaviors properly for some classes. This put the game into a bad state that would delete quick saves upon area transition.
- Various VO fixes to Xoti and Vox Machina voice sets.
- Various Credit fixes.
These are the update notes for Beta Build 78 – Mac Only.
- Potential Shader fixes that were causing black screens on Mac’s with Intel integrated graphics cards.
- Please let us know if this issue is still occurring on your machine (and what graphics card you have) or if you spot this happening in a particular scene. We have fixed (globally) all instances issue of this we could find, but we are sending this fix to the beta branch before exhaustively testing every scene in the game.