SEGA has released the first PC beta patch for Catherine Classic. According to the release notes, this patch addresses the camera and animations bugs that forced the game to run at 30fps during the puzzles and cut-scenes.
Furthermore, this patch updates the mouse cursor from live position, fixes mouse select for questions, fixes the blurry cutscenes, forces tutorials to use correct pad type display, forces Japanese in game audio selection to change effects to JP, and adds an on-screen prompt when players pause the game.
In order to opt-in and download this beta patch, players will have to right click on Catherine Classic in their Steam library and navigate to Properties in the drop-down menu. On the BETAS tab, you’ll have to type in the “fujv64hbcw7683” password and after doing that, the branch ‘patchtesting’ will be available from the dropdown menu to download.
Below you can find the changelog for this first PC beta patch for Catherine Classic.
Catherine Classic First PC Patch Release Notes
- Y Camera Axis fixed in boss stages
- Japanese in game audio selection now changes effects to JP
- Numlock no longer aggressively forced
- Steam icons cached : will not change to Xbox 360 icons when game is out of focus when using PS4/Steam controller
- Tutorials now use correct pad type display
- Mouse cursor updated from live position
- Cutscene cameras now interpolate between logic frames
- Puzzle cameras now interpolate between logic frames
- Characters now interpolate movement and animations between logic frames
- Audio sink for WMV playback consistent with game device selection
- Config option AUDIOFOCUS added to ini file, set to 1 to keep game audio when game is not in focus
- Scores are validated as being possible before allowing them to display on the leaderboards
- Pause now shows on screen when paused
- Adjusted timings for the sheep on the title screen to be consistent across languages
- Fixed mouse select for questions
- Fixed blurred cutscenes