Square Enix today announced the release of Patch 2.5, titled “Before the Fall” Part One, in preparation for the upcoming release of HEAVENSWARD, the first major expansion for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn that will be released in Spring 2015.
According to the press release, the content in Patch 2.5 include:
- The beginning of the final chapter in the main storyline
- New high-level dungeons
- The Keeper of the Lake
- The Wanderer’s Palace (Hard)
- Amdapor Keep (Hard)
- “The World of Darkness,” the conclusion of the 24-player Crystal Tower raid series
- A new Odin trial that challenges eight players to defeat the elder primal
- The latest adventures of Hildibrand — agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire — featuring the return of Gilgamesh on his ongoing quest for the strongest of swords
- New rules for the massive 72-player PvP (player versus player) Frontline battle content
Those interested can read the full Patch 2.5 notes here.