Modder ‘Thaylar’ has released a new version of his Wasteland Illumination mod for Fallout 4. This mod is described as a street lamp illuminations galore, adding 1380 lights to approximately 763 light sources throughout the Boston Commonwealth.
Version 0.9 of the Wasteland Illumination mod comes with complete lighting street lamps in Boston and the area south, meaning that the entire Boston Commonwealth should be lit now. Not only that, but the modder has also edited 1388 records in the CK to make all lights turn off/on with day/night cycles.
Furthermore, Thaylar has pulled the billboard lights from the mod for better compatibility with Illuminated Billboards as glowing billboards don’t need external lighting and has implemented minor tweaks to flickering lights, and radius of the sparking lights.
Now while some Fallout 4 purists may not like this mod, we strongly believe that these extra lights make the Boston Commonwealth look better in night. After all, and as the modder stated, electricity is still present in the game so it would actually make sense to have lights in the city area at night.
Those interested can download the mod from here, and below you can find the complete changelog of its latest version as well as some screenshots!
Fallout 4 Wasteland Illumination Mod Version 0.9 Release Notes
- Completed lighting street lamps in Boston and the area south. Entire Boston Commonwealth should be lit.
- Pulled the billboard lights from the mod for better compatibility with Illuminated Billboards. Glowing billboards don’t need external lighting.
- Moved Billboard records to their own mod which will be an addon to Wasteland Illuminations.
- Edited 1388 records in the CK to make all lights turn off/on with day/night cycles.
- Minor tweaks to flickering lights, and radius of the sparking lights.