Modder ‘vasyan777’ has released a brand new version of the Doom Remake 4 mod for the classic Doom games. According to the changelog, this experimental version comes with texture lights script which adds more lights making PBR materials reflecting, though it is also more resource hungry than the previously released version.
In case you aren’t aware of, Doom Remake 4 is basically a compilation of mods that make the classic Doom games look more polished and aesthetic. This mod features High Resolution Textures with PBR materials, 3D models of every object and enemy, New HUD (modified DoomVisor), as well as Brutal mods with plenty of blood and gibs.
This latest experimental version also supports the Vulkan API (alongside OpenGL), though you’ll have to disable motion blur otherwise you will get a blank screen.
Below you can find the key features of this mod:
- Hires textures and skyboxes
- 3D models of weapons, enemies, decorations, items etc.
- Hi-res logos and menu parts
- Graphic effects (explosions, sparks, smokes etc.) from Brutal Doom and few other mods.
- Custom sounds for weapons and player.
- New water and liquids with reflections
- Torch (press F (or Y for alternative) to turn on)
- Less slippery Quake-like movement
- Dismemberment of corpses. Once you shoot into corpse, it will split into 3D gibs and guts.
- More blood. When you shoot the enemy, the blood is smeared on the walls and flows from the ceiling
- Footsteps sound
- PBR materials and displacement parallax maps (not complete)
- Modified DoomVisor HUD
As we’ve already reported, the 3D models are based on some really old models that were created a long time ago by a Doomworld artist. Therefore, I’m almost certain that the majority of Doom players will want to disable them.
But anyway, those interested can download this new version of Doom Remake 4 from here.