As promised, Valve has released a new update for the beta version of their upcoming free-to-play title, Dota 2. This new update adds three heroes (Chaos Knight, Phantom Assassin, and Gyrocopter), fixes a bug where bots would pick their heroes before humans locked in their picks, and comes with some rebalance tweaks for various characters. This update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view its complete changelog below. Enjoy!
Dota 2 Update Changelog:
– Added Chaos Knight, Phantom Assassin, and Gyrocopter!
– Drow: Fixed Frost Arrows not working on mechanical units.
– Morphling: Added effects for strength and agility morph as well as an overhead timer for replicate.
– Nature’s Prophet: Fixed Sprout destroying other trees around it.
– Shadow Demon: Fixed Soul Catcher being dispellable.
– Shadow Demon: Fixed Shadow Poison impact damage not hurting Disrupted units (and thus not disabling Blink).
– Fixed targeted spells not temporarily revealing the attacker.
– Fixed Orb of venom working on denies.
– Fixed the following spells being castable on magic immune allies: Nightmare, Frost Armor, Nature’s Guise, Holy Persuasion, Decrepify, Astral Imprisonment, Shadow Word and X Marks The Spot
– Selecting “Equip” on an item in the backpack now flips to the loadout and automatically does the equipping for you.
– Added support for watching replays via URL. For example, “dota2://dota2://matchid=15478&matchtime=300” will go directly to five minutes into match 15478.
– Added button in replay panel to copy an URL into the clipboard that can be used to get back to that point in that replay.
– Added Hall of Fame trophies to the bases. Clicking on them will display the winning teams of The International.
DOTA 2 BOTS
– Made bots not leave a gank if they currently have the ability to reincarnate and allies are still attacking.
– Fixed bug where bots would pick their heroes before humans locked in their picks.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."