Valve has released a new, massive update for DOTA 2. This new patch enables Random Draft mode and rebalances pretty much every class of it. In addition, the Lone Druid class is enabled in Captain’s Mode and Nevermore’s animations have been updated. Bots have also been tweaked and they will no longer attempt to use a Tango when being attacked or when defending an ally. As always, the update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view its entire changelog below. Enjoy!
DOTA 2 Update Changelog:
– Enabled Random Draft mode!
– Enabled Lone Druid in Captain’s Mode.
– Ancient Apparition: Fixed Ice Blast impact damage not hurting illusions.
– Ancient Apparition: Fixed Chilling Touch affecting Spirit Bear and Warlock’s Golem.
– Axe: Fixed Culling Blade ending after death effects like Diabolic Edict and Epicenter.
– Bane: Fixed Nightmare putting Juggernaut to sleep while Omnislashing.
– Bane: Fixed Fiend’s Grip doing one tick less damage than it should have.
– Batrider: Fixed Firefly destroying trees in a bigger aoe than intended.
– Batrider: Fixed Flamebreak hitting magic immune units (6.74b change).
– Bloodseeker: Fixed Rupture interaction with spells like Omnislash, Ball Lightning, etc.
– Faceless Void: Fixed Chronosphere not freezing invulnerable towers.
– Juggernaut: Fixed Omnislash considering ancients as valid targets.
– Juggernaut: Fixed Omnislash ending prematurely if a target becomes invulnerable.
– Lifestealer: Fixed being able to hide inside an enemy Spirit Bear/Golem with Infest (wasn’t doing damage to it though)
– Lifestealer: Fixed Infest not removing buffs before jumping in.
– Lifestealer: Fixed Feast bonus damage type allowing it to critical strike.
– Lion: Fixed Mana Drain missing its last 1/4 tick.
– Lone Druid: Fixed Entangle not affecting magic immune units.
– Lone Druid: Fixed Entangle not interrupting channeling spells.
– Mirana: Fixed Moonlight Shadow not affecting allied units sometimes (Disrupted, Phase Shifted, etc).
– Morphling: Fixed Replicate being castable on Spirit Bear and Warlock Golem.
– Outworld Destroyer: Fixed Sanity’s Eclipse mana drain logic.
– Puck: Fixed Ethereal Jaunt not dodging projectiles properly.
– Pudge: Reduced the delay before being able to issue orders after Meat Hook.
– Razor: Fixed some bugs with Unstable Current killing a target after its ability starts (like Omnislashing while dead).
– Razor: Fixed Plasma Field not giving aoe vision following Razor.
– Slardar: Fixed Slithereen Crush affecting couriers.
– Silencer: Fixed Global Silences affecting couriers abilities.
– Spectre: Fixed permanently losing the ability to block creeps after the first Spectral Dagger use.
– Spirit Breaker: Fixed being unable to target magic immune units with Netherstrike.
– Sven: Fixed Great Cleave working on denies.
– Tinker: Fixed March of the Machines spawn per second from 30 to 24.
– Tinker: Fixed March of the Machines movement speed from 500 to 400.
– Tinker: Fixed Heat Seeking Missle hitting Spirit Bear and Warlock’s Golem.
– Tinker: Fixed March of the Machines killing couriers.
– Tiny: Fixed Aghanim tree doing too much damage to buildings.
– Tiny: Fixed Aghanim tree cleaving when attacking buildings.
– Vengeful Spirit: Fixed Vengeful Spirit’s Wave of Terror affecting couriers.
– Viper: Fixed Viper Strike being an instant effect instead of a dodgeable projectile.
– Weaver: Fixed Weaver’s Swarm getting one shotted by attack spells like Impetus and Arcane Orb.
– Weaver: Fixed bug where Swarm bugs would cause some heroes to spin when attacking them, or not be able to attack them at all.
– Windrunner: Fixed being able to Shackleshot onto Ancients/Roshan.
– Fixed units/wards being unable to attack animation cancel if they are unable to move.
– Fixed abilities going into cooldown if the target dies while paying manacost (ie. from Nether Ward).
– Fixed Alchemist’s Unstable Concoction and Bounty Hunter’s Track being castable on Spirit Bear/Golem.
– Fixed cleave damage not waking up Nightmared units.
– Fixed Mjollnir and Maelstrom having orb selection priorty when attacking buildings.
– Fixed Armlet lifedraining on Illusions.
– Fixed DisableHelp not working for Chen’s Persuasion.
– Fixed Roshan not disabling Blink Dagger.
– Fixed Tranquil Boots going into a short cooldown whenever you took damage.
– Reordered Mekansm recipe list to have Headdress first.
– Fixed Pudge’s Meat Hook and Mirana’s Arrow not hitting Spirit Bear.
– Fixed Vampiric Aura showing buff on things it does not affect.
– Fixed neutral units being able to cast their spells while disabled/silenced when they aren’t player controlled.
– Fixed Double Damage rune not granting a fake buff to nearby illusions.
– Fixed neutral Centaur attack speed aura increasing speed by percentages instead of constant amounts
– Fixed being unable to purge an offensive Decrepify
– Fixed Ethereal Blade interaction with Spirit Bear.
– Fixed a bug where if Nature’s Prophet cast Sprout on Lycan in wolf form while he was running, Lycan could run through the trees and escape the sprout.
– Illusions now fake display the same crit overhead values as the real hero.
– A global message is now displayed when you random a hero.
– There is now a 2 second cooldown on unpausing a paused game, to prevent two people trying to pause the game at the same time and accidently unpausing.
– Fixed being unable to Glyph while disabled.
– Fixed printing the wrong kill message when an illusion kills a tower
– Fixed spectator FOW keys broken.
– Fixed the courier failing to pick up an item from the stash resulting in the item teleporting to the hero’s feet.
– Items that are dropped on the ground as a result of a full inventory will now always be usable in item combines, even if they cannot be dropped right next to a hero.
– While watching a replay, you can now click on the pips (Hero/Tower Kills) on the XP and Gold panels to jump to 5 seconds before that moment happens.
– Fixed team-only chat in games created via private lobbies.
– Bots will no longer attempt to use a Tango when being attacked or when defending an ally.
– Adjusted some numbers to hopefully make it less likely for bots to try to TP out of a gank attempt when they were obviously going to die before it finished.
– Fixed bug where Zeus would killsteal when his target thought they were safe, even if they weren’t.
– Cleaned up sellability of a bunch of bot items, should prevent cases where bots buy recipes for components they’ve previously sold.
– Added additional items in the builds for Sniper and Juggernaut, they should no longer run out of items to buy in long matches.
– Fixed bug where bots wouldn’t realize that Antimage was a hard carry for lane selection purposes.
– Fixed bug where any players in spectate/broadcast slots would prevent bots from picking a hero.
– Bots will now wait to activate until all hero picking is completed.
– Fixed bug where the matchmaker wouldn’t try to match bot difficulties when finding a Coop game.
– Fixed bug where bots might still pick up Aegis/Rapier immediately upon them dropping rather than waiting a couple seconds for humans to have a shot at them.
– Added generic attack desire bonus to any enemy hero that is currently stunned.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."