Modder ‘proteh’ has been working on a Horde Mode for Doom Eternal. According to the modder, the gameplay will consist of a series of waves. Naturally, each wave will be more difficult than the previous one.
Players will start the first round with almost no equipment, just their shotgun and their jump boots. Eventually, and by clearing wave after wave, they will become a fully loaded Slayer. Moreover, the final wave will test your skills like no other arena in the game has done before.
Doom Eternal Horde Mode Mod will release on September 13th. Below you can find its key features, as well as two gameplay videos for it.
Enjoy and stay tuned for more!
Doom Eternal Horde Mode Mod Key Features
- Wave based horde mode gameplay, where you will get ammo, weapons, extra lives, upgrades, sentinel crystals, weapon mods and points after each round.
- Each wave will be harder than the previous one, most of the time presenting you with new enemies to deal with.
- There will be “boss waves” where you will fight buffed up versions of some enemies.
- The music will be cycling through all the available songs in the game to add some variety.
- The final wave will be a very challenging never-ending arena where you will have to fight to see how much time you can stay alive.
- Some props and/or monkey bars might be added for some waves to spice things up a bit more depending on the enemies you have to fight.