Larian Studios has announced that Divinity: Original Sin 2, the highly anticipated RPG launching on Steam on September 14th, will feature a full roster of voice acting content and talent, with more than 1 million words and over 74,000 lines of voiced dialogue.
According to the press release, voice acting talent in Divinity: Original Sin 2 includes veterans from the games industry and beyond:
- Harry Hadden-Paton as the Red Prince, a haughty but heroic lizard noble exiled from his own empire.
- Alix Wilton Regan as Sebille, an elven assassin seeking vengeance against the Master who once enslaved her.
- Tamaryn Payne as Lohse, a star musician possessed by an unwelcome – and powerful – visitor.
- Chris Finney as Ifan ben-Mezd, a mercenary ex-soldier on the run from a haunted past.
- Alec Newman as Beast, a rebel-turned-pirate who must save his people from their reckless and tyrannical queen.
- Christopher Bonwell as the undead whose origin story will soon be revealed.
Not only are the game’s main origin characters fully voiced, Divinity: Original Sin 2 also features around 1200 different characters and creatures, voiced by a full cast of around 80 actors. The full extent of the game’s voiced content cannot possibly be discovered in one playthrough – players who want to hear every NPC’s story and every origin story interaction will require many playthroughs.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a fantasy RPG featuring deep turn-based combat and a branching, epic story that begs to be replayed. Backed by 40,000 fans on Kickstarter and with 94% player rating on Steam, the game is a direct sequel to the award winning and critically acclaimed Divinity: Original Sin, which achieved a Metacritic score of 94 out of 100. Divinity: Original Sin 2 will launch on September 14, 2017, for $44.99 on Steam.