Arkane Studios has just released the first PC beta patch for Dishonored 2. According to the release notes, this patch comes with a number of mouse improvements and fixes an AMD cloth physics issue, which impacts framerates at various points in the game.
In addition, this patch fixes an issue affecting CPU task priority. As such, the game no longer switches CPU task priority.
This patch is available in beta form, weights around 6.2GB and you can download it by following this guide:
How to access the Dishonored 2 Beta Patch
- Log into Steam.
- Right Click on Dishonored 2 in your Library.
- Select Properties.
- Select Betas.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select BetaPatch.
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes for game to update.
- When done, Dishonored 2 [BetaPatch] should appear in your Library
According to Arkane Studios, this patch includes a small number of fixes including:
- Mouse improvements, including a fix for sensitivity being framerate dependent
- Fixes an AMD cloth physics issue, which impacts framerates at various points in the game
- Fixes an issue affecting CPU task priority – the game no longer switches CPU task priority
Last but not least, Arkane claimed that it is currently working on the next PC performance patch for Dishonored 2 that will address a broader range of issues including performance, and is estimated to be available in the next week.