THQ Nordic has officially announced that Desperados 3 is under development and will be released next year. In order to celebrate this announcement, the publisher revealed the first details and shared the game’s first screenshots (as well as its Gamescom 2018 announcement trailer).
This real-time tactics game, developed by German game studio Mimimi (who earned their spurs with the critically acclaimed title Shadow Tactics: Blades Of The Shogun), lets players command a band of Desperados led by fan-favourite gunslinger John Cooper, who’s hunting down his nemesis.
Heavily inspired by the first game of the franchise, Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, Desperados III will allow the player to approach each mission with a wide variety of different solutions and routes. As the player’s gang will always be outnumbered, only smart use of both the environment and each Desperado’s unique character skills will guarantee a victorious outcome.
Desperados 3 is described as a modern real-time tactics game set in a harsh Wild West scenario. You take control of a ragtag band becoming a highly functional group of unlikely heroes and heroines. The very different strong personalities struggle to cooperate at first, but ultimately join forces to combine their distinctive specialties and challenge a seemingly superior foe. Hunted by ruthless bandits and corrupt lawmen, the Desperados need to turn the tables with every mission.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Command up to five Desperados and use their lethal skills to stealthily thin out the enemy rows
- Approach each mission with a big variety of different solutions and paths
- Resolve seemingly impossible large enemy setups with careful planning and perfectly timed executions
- Witness the glory of classic Wild West scenarios like frontier towns, desert canyons, Mississippi swamps, sprawling modern cities and many more by day and night
- Defeat your foes choosing between deadly and non-lethal options, stealth and blazing guns and further adjust the game to your playstyle with various difficulty settings and special replayability challenges