Now here is a pleasant surprise. A few days ago, we shared a new gameplay video from Cube World. And today, its creator Wollay announced that the game will release on Steam in late September or October, 2019.
— Wolfram von Funck (@wol_lay) September 6, 2019
Cube World is a voxel-based action RPG with a focus on exploration. It takes place in a procedurally generated fantasy world made up of entirely of cubes.
What’s really interesting here is that the Steam page does not contain any info about an Early Access phase. As such, we can assume that the game will fully release on Steam. It’s also worth noting that Cube World has been in an alpha state for a while, so it makes us wonder how Wollay was able to complete it… unless of course he cut content in order to simply release it and move on.
Moreover, and as Wollay noted, all owners of the game’s alpha build will get Steam keys.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Choose between four different classes: Warrior, Ranger, Mage, Rogue.
- Action-based combat with dodging, aiming, combos, special skills and more.
- Explore a nearly infinite, procedurally generated fantasy world.
- Plan your next adventure with the 3D voxel world map. Scroll and zoom everywhere to find your next destination!
- Craft weapons, armor, potions, elixirs and food and more from ingredients found throughout the world.
- Tame pets that fight along your side and can be used as mounts.
- Non-linear, open world gameplay. Solve quests, help residents, fight huge monsters, explore ancient dungeons! It’s all up to you!
- Discover procedurally generated lore and learn about ancient civilizations and magic artifacts.
- Retrieve unique magic artifacts to level up and improve your skills.
- Earn gold to buy items or to book an eagle flight to new lands.
- Cube World’s unique per-land progression system makes finding loot, solving quests and clearing dungeons rewarding and exciting over and over again.
- Use your hang glider to take to the skies or explore the oceans with your boat.
- Find magic items to enter secret areas and to support you on your journey.
- Play solo singleplayer or join your friends in coop-online-multiplayer.