Crytek has released a brand new PC update for Crysis Remastered. According to the release notes, Patch 2.1 adds support for NVIDIA’s DLSS tech.
However, it appears that there are some graphical issues with DLSS. As Crytek noted, some distant textures can appear to be blurred textures when DLSS is active.
In addition, this patch brings numerous bug fixes. For instance, it fixes some shadows that would disappear depending on the camera angle on Contact – Island. It also fixes some disappearing prompts from the Classic Nanosuit wheel. Additionally, this update improves stability by fixing a number of crashes.
As always, Epic Games Store will download this latest update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Crysis Remastered PC Patch 2.1 Release Notes
- Added DLSS by Nvidia to Crysis Remastered.
- Improvements made to the tutorial descriptions in all languages. Corrected many placeholders and incorrect prompts.
Bug fixes #1
- Fixed an issue that caused the rocket tutorial prompt to not be correctly displayed in Traditional Chinese.
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera shake to be too intense while using the mounted MG with armor mode enabled.
- Also fixed an issue that prevented the alien AI from exploding which prevented mission progress on Exodus, Fleet and Paradise Lost.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in Armor mode being active at the beginning of a mission.
- Fixed the missing audio tied to the SCAR in the intro cutscene on Ascension.
- Also fixed a CRYENGINE crash that could occur on Exodus – Sphere.
- Fixed the translations of the Classic Nanosuit mode control tutorial in all languages (previously only shown in English).
- Fixed an issue that caused the controller tutorial prompts to display mouse and keyboard instead throughout the game.
- Also fixed a crash that could occur on Reckoning – Fleet.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the FPS counter showing the incorrect information.
- Fixed several bugs that caused the incorrect information to be displayed in the tutorial prompts for the controller.
- Also fixed several tutorial descriptions that would appear in the wrong languages when using the Traditional Chinese language settings.
Bug fixes #2
- Fixed a missing tutorial prompt from the VTOL rockets in the Traditional Chinese language on Ascension.
- Fixed a placeholder from the “fire minigun” tutorial prompt on Ascension when using mouse & keyboard.
- Also fixed an issue that resulted in the English translations appearing for the Classic Nanosuit controls tutorial when using other languages.
- Fixed some Italian localisation issues (removed placeholders and added correct text).
- Fixed an issue that caused placeholders to appear in the HUD when the Japanese language was selected.
- Also fixed an issue that occurred when trying to ADS on any mounted machine gun while using a controller. Previously this would incorrectly activate the cloak instead of aiming down sights.
- Fixed an issue with the animations for some CEPH scouts.
- Fixed several placeholders that appear in the Classic Nanosuit menu.
- Also fixed some shadows that would disappear depending on the camera angle on Contact – Island.
- Fixed some disappearing prompts from the Classic Nanosuit wheel.
- Some distant textures can appear blurry when DLSS is ON.
- In some cases, you may encounter motion blur issues on some systems. Deactivating motion blur will resolve this matter.
- The windows for civilian trucks may have yellow windows when Raytracing is set to “Very High” or “Can it Run Crysis”.
- Anti-Aliasing is disabled with DLSS by design. However, the menu will still show that it is set to active when DLSS is enabled.