After a rocky launch, Crytek has done its best to improve the PC version of Crysis Remastered. And today, the team released a new update that brings back to the game the Ascension level. Yeap, Ascension is now available in Crysis Remastered.
Alongside this level, Update 2.0 brings some small CPU optimizations. It also makes improvements to the shadow quality and lighting on ‘Very High’ and ‘Can it run Crysis settings’, as well as to Ray Tracing.
This latest patch also packs a huge number of bug fixes. For instance, it fixes some flickering shadows on Recovery – Village. It also fixes a crash that could occur when exiting a mission to the main menu.
As always, Epic Games Store will download Update 2.0 the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Crysis Remastered PC Patch 2.0 Release Notes
- Added the level ‘Ascension’.
- Added an option to enable aim assist – only when using a controller.?
- Improvements made to the shadow quality and lighting on ‘Very High’ and ‘Can it run Crysis settings’.
- Some small CPU optimizations.
- Improvements made to RayTracing.
Bug Fixes #1
- Fixed a bug that prevented the mission Exodus – Sphere from starting.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game window to flicker when switched to borderless mode.
- Also fixed the tutorial messages tied to the Classic nano suit mode on Contact – Island.
- Fixed an issue that caused the screen to flicker when set to borderless with Vsync turned on.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash at the final credits.
- Also fixed a crash that could occur on Onslaught – Tank.
- Fixed a crash that could occur after the Airstrike on Assault – Harbour.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the in-game prompts from changing when Classic Nanosuit is activated
- Classic Nanosuit control scheme in settings will now change according to the selected Suit mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused the plant physics to act strangely when colliding with the player.
- Fixed an issue that caused placeholders to appear in the menu and HUD when selectin French as the selected language.
- Also fixed an issue that caused issues with the players walking animation after the cutscene on Reckoning – Fleet.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting a mission to the main menu.
- Fixed an issue that allowed you to change disabled settings.
- Also fixed a flickering shadow that could be seen when using Very High or CIRC settings when Raytracing is enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Tank return to its default position after firing on Onslaught – Tank.
- Fixed an issue that caused a building to disappear after loading in to a checkpoint save on Assault.
- Also fixed an issue that caused the SMG, SCAR and FY71 to fire single shots when first shooting the weapon.
Bug Fixes #2
- Fixed an issue that caused the surface of Exodus – Sphere to appear partially black.
- Fixed a dark textured overlay that could appear on Paradise Lost – Ice.
- Improvements made to the sky on Paradise Lost – Ice.
- Fixed several red artifacts that would appear during gameplay on various levels.
- Fixed an issue that caused various models to have a lower resolution than intended on
- Also fixed an issue that caused the VTOL on Assault Harbor to collide with the tank.
- Fixed an issue that caused some UI transitions to freeze.
- Improvements made to the 2D planar ocean reflections.
- Fixed an issue that caused the button for Horn and lights in vehicles to be the same as the suit mode buttons.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the display frequency to be changed when using borderless or windowed mode.
- Also fixed an issue that caused the cloak to deactivate if there were 9 energy points remaining.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the graphics settings for being set to ‘Very high’ when using the ‘default’ button.
- Fixed an issue that caused a framerate spike when Ray tracing is enabled on Contact.
- Also fixed an issue that resulted in the shots from Tanks to be distorted when indoors on Onslaught – Tank.
- Fixed some localisation issues in Traditional and simplified Chinese.
- Fixed an issue that causes a building to disappear on Village after reloading into the level from a checkpoint save.
- Also fixed the missing building that can be found on Relic Rescue.
Bug Fixes #3
- Fixed an issue that prevented you from opening the PDA.
- Fixed an issue that prevented you from activating sprint.
- Also fixed an issue that resulted in missing the first shot fired from the Sniper rifle or Gauss Rifle after entering 10x zoom.
- Fixed the text tied to the tank gun hotkey for all languages (does not apply to English).
- Fixed an issue where the players shadow would appear in glass rather than a reflection.
- Also fixed a low-res ground texture on Relic.
- Fixed an issue that prevented raindrops from showing on the players helmet on Reckoning – Fleet.
- Fixed an issue that caused the pause menu music to persist after alt-tabbing in and out of the game.
- Also fixed a bug that caused Nomad to switch from crouch to prone when near obstacles.
- Fixed an issue that resulted that resulted in not being able to hear the first shots fired from any weapon after loading into a level.
- Fixed some flickering shadows on Recovery – Village.
- Also fixed some issues that prevented the armour and cloak from working as intended in certain parts of the game.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a black screen being displayed instead of logo’s when launching the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occasionally occur after dying on certain levels.
- Also fixed an audio issue that meant shots and reloading sounds cannot be heard.
Bug Fixes #4
- Fixed the SFX of the MOAC shots due to sounding more distorted than intended.
- Fixed a placeholder text that would appear after unbinding an action.
- Also fixed some missing symbols in the tutorial messages.
- Fixed an issue that caused the SCAR muzzle to disappear when firing single shots.
- Fixed an issue that caused dust particles that appear after shooting walls to flicker.
- Also fixed an issue that caused machine guns on vehicles to flicker.
- Fixed a potential freeze that could occur after loading into a checkpoint.
- Fixed an issue that caused the regular tutorial prompts to appear when using Classic Nanosuit mode.
- Also fixed an issue that prevented you from hearing gun sounds while there was active dialogue.
- Fixed several vehicle machine gun sounds on Onslaught – Tank.
- Fixed an issue that caused the shadows on the mountain to move depending on the camera angle, when using medium settings.
- Also fixed an issue with the Ray tracing reflection not moving correctly with the water waves.
- Fixed an issue that caused secondary objective laptops to display the same excavation site image.
- Fixed an issue that caused the decals on the walls and ceilings to disappear depending on the camera angle.
- Also fixed an issue that prevented selecting the vibration option when using a gamepad.
- Fixed some animation and placement issues for several enemies on Contact.
- Fixed an issue that caused boxes to have reflections on Assault – Harbor.
- Also fixed an issue that caused the zoom button for vehicles and weapons to be the same.
Bug Fixes #5
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spanish text to not correctly fit in the drop-down box when using borderless settings.
- Fixed some Spanish and Turkish localisation.
- Also fixed the resolution of the Nanokorean soldiers on Awakening – Mine.
- Fixed the placement of a Hatch opening on Core.
- Improvements made to the vegetation during the Aztec cutscene on Contact – Island.
- Removed some cloned props in the communication trailer on Recovery – Village.
- Fixed an issue that caused clicking on the gamma correction to be of by ~1cm to the right-hand side.
- Fixed some placeholder strings for the Air strike on Assault and the tank tutorial on Onslaught.
- Also fixed an issue that caused the VTOL turbine to fire incorrectly on Exodus – Sphere.
- Fixed an issue that causes Nomads model to move when in a prone position.
- Fixed an issue where the raytracing reflections in vehicle cockpits were too strong.
- Also fixed an unnatural changing light on the Alien Structure on Core.
- Fixed some stretched ground textures on Awakening – Mine.
- Removed the wheels from the destroyed trucks.
- Fixed an issue that prevent the weapons UI element tied to toggle change from disappearing.
- Fixed the positioning of the Excavator on Awakening – Mine.
- Also fixed an issue that caused the Ceph attack on Keenan car to happen too early.
Bug Fixes #6
- Fixed an issue that resulted in no sensitivity settings being available for gamepad sticks.
- Fixed an issue that caused the light from the final boss hatch to appear through the lid on Reckoning – Fleet.
- Removed an unused control – toggle passenger seat.
- Improvements made to the indoor shooting sounds on Assault – Harbor.
- Fixed an issue that caused corpses to fall through the deck on Reckoning – Fleet.
- Fixed a crash that could occur at the Research Dome on Rescue – Relic.
- Also fixed the behaviour tied to the speed mode on normal/modern Nanosuit.
- Fixed some French localisation.
- Fixed the texture of the drinks machine when on medium settings.
- Also fixed the resolution of the text on the door on Reckoning – Fleet while using medium settings.
- Fixed the resolution of the stickers inside the VTOL on Assault – Harbor while using medium settings.
- Fixed a crash that could occur near the Command Post when jumping out of the truck on Contact – Island.
- Also fixed an issue that prevented you from being able to close the objectives screen when using a controller.
- Fixed the audio tied to the 3p machine gun shots during the convoy scene on Exodus – Sphere.
- Fixed an echoing sound that was cast by the enemies on Recovery – Village and Relic – Rescue.
- Also fixed an issue that caused the crate’s inscription to disappear on Core.
- Fixed an issue that caused raindrops to make a splash in mid-air on Reckoning Fleet.
- Fixed the model for the fence on Rescue – Relic.
- Removed the water artifacts that would appear on the edge of the Waterfall on Recue – Relic.
- Improved the visuals of the snow in the cutscene on Exodus – Sphere.
- Fixed the flicker tied to water reflections when using medium setting son Contact – Island.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”