505 Games and Remedy have announced that the first free DLC for Control, Expenditions, is now available for download. This free DLC is part of the December Update that has just come out, and you can find below its full release notes.
Going into more details, Expenditions are a challenging new game mode. In this mode, Jesse goes to a dangerous part of the Black Rock Quarry Threshold, where she must fight off the Hiss in four different arenas and pass a variety of challenges in a set time limit.
The December Update also features general optimizations and bug fixes. Moreover, it improves performance when the map is kept open, and fixes random camera glitch when doing Ground Slam.
Furthermore, this patch comes with various fixes and optimizations to Photo Mode UI. It also features a number of progression bug fixes, as well as tweaks to the UI.
Epic Games Store will download Control’s December Update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Control Expenditions December Patch Release Notes
• Expeditions game mode added
• General optimizations and bug fixes
• Improved performance when the map is kept open
• HUD elements will no longer flicker when progress bars are updating
• Fixed random camera glitch when doing Ground Slam
• Fixed an issue when rapidly switching between weapon forms would cause a crash
• Various fixes and optimizations to Photo Mode UI
• Inventory now has a Sorting Mode. Players can sort items by: New, Rarity, Type
• Fixed line breaks and subtitles mismatch for multiple languages
• Various localization fixes
• Fixed an issue when players were unable to pick up all samples in the Old Growth side mission
• Fixed an issue when players were rewarded twice upon completing the Old Friends side mission
• Fixed an issue when the interaction prompt disappears on Ahti’s plants when players quit to the main menu while Jesse is talking to the plants
• Fixed issues that could prevent players from progressing through some of the Bureau Alert missions
• Fixed an issue when the Bureau Alert “Personnel Protection” in Ordinary AWE failed
• Fixed an issue when Troopers are idle until taking damage during Bureau Alerts
• Fixed an issue where Launching objects could push the player “out of world”
• Fixed an issue where the Tactical Response Gear outfit wasn’t available for players who have it unlocked on the Epic Games Store.
• Fixed an issue where the Threshold Kids episode “When You’re Caught in a House Shift” couldn’t be collected