Nicalis announced today that its retro action exploration platformer from Matt Kap, the lead artist behind The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, comes to Steam (PC) on Feburary 5th.
According to the press release, Castle in the Darkness recalls a golden, bygone era—both through its nostalgic aesthetic and its damning difficulty.
“Traipse past traps, careen through corridors, and badger belligerent bosses while charting the erstwhile un-chartable Alexandrian kingdom with a veritable cornucopia of armor, arms, and sorcery. Alexandria is a kingdom of ancient and byzantine history, and much of what it was yet remains hidden, often behind more substantial ramparts than mere mists of time!”
Castle in the Darkness will be priced at $5.99 and here are its key features:
- Developed by the lead artist behind The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
- An expansive world heavily inspired by the golden era of video games
- Level up your knight with wildly different abilities
- An arsenal of over 100 weapons, armor and magic to collect and use!
- Over 50 bosses to find and slay
- More than 100 different enemies
- Fast-paced chiptune soundtrack