Activision and Infinity Ward have released a brand new update for Call of Duty Modern Warfare. The new update adds a new Gunfight Map and a new Multiplayer Map. Moreover, it addresses some out of map exploits, and brings numerous gameplay fixes and weapon balance tweaks.
Going into more details, the May 18th Update adds the fire throwing knife to restricted equipment for CDL. It also fixes some out of map exploit across various maps. Additionally, it fixes a bug where players could take the ATV out of the map on Aniyah Palace, as well as an XP exploit in Hardpoint.
Furthermore, this patch adds a ‘Hold to Use’ option. This will allow you to choose between a hold or a press for the interaction button on keyboard and mouse. This patch also adjusts the Monitor Distance Coefficient slider option to maximum value from 2.00 to 5.00.
Naturally, this update comes with some weapon balance tweaks. For instance, it reduces the max ammo reserve for Renetti. It also increases the rate of fire for VLK Rogue and increases move speed for Holger 26.
Below you can find the full list of gameplay fixes, tweaks and improvements. You can find the complete changelog for this update here.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare May 18th Update
- Infected and Gun Game now feature playlist text to reinforce that KDR and win loss are not affected
- Blueprint variants of Gun Game and Gunfight can now be enabled in custom match advanced options for their respective modes
- Added the fire throwing knife to restricted equipment for CDL
- Fix for the ‘Splash Guard’ shotgun weapon camo not applying properly to the weapon
- Fixed a bug where on occasion, your selected Operator would not appear in the squad walk
- Added a ‘Hold to Use’ option that allows you to choose between a hold or a press for the interaction button on keyboard and mouse
- Adjusted the Monitor Distance Coefficient slider option to maximum value from 2.00 to 5.00
- Out of map exploit fixes across various maps
- Fixed a bug where players could take the ATV out of the map on Aniyah Palace
- Fix for an XP exploit in Hardpoint
- Fix for the ‘Time to Reap’ watch not displaying the time
- There is also a fix for the ‘Blue Skies’ watch appearing backwards when worn
- Fix for some players spawning facing a wall while playing FFA on Talsik Backlot
- Demolition: Added VO to alert the defending team a bomb site was destroyed
- One in the Chamber: This mode is now available in custom games!
- Regular Infected playlist now has random care package drops!
- Gun Game Reloaded is now in the Quick Play filter.