Sledgehammer Games has revealed the major key changes/tweaks/improvements that the latest update for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will bring to the table. According to the developer, this patch is based on the feedback it has received from the game’s community. In case you’re wondering there is still no word about that promised third-person camera, so we don’t whether Sledgehammer will actually introduce such a viewpoint to the game or not.
As Michael Condrey, Studio Head and co-founder of Sledgehammer Games, said in a post to the developer’s website
“Our team has been working hard on improvements to the game. We’ve also had our ears to the ground, listening to your feedback. Our commitment to continuing to support the game and community is as strong as ever, and we have the whole team focused on making the experience the best it can be.”
Here are the key features of this upcoming update:
- Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.
- Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.
- Fix for weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.
- Connectivity optimizations.
- Fix for stats accumulating towards leaderboards after prestiging.
- Adjustment to challenges to unlock Camos for weapons.
- Fix for round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.
- Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match.
Oh, and regarding the game’s dedicated servers, Activision had this to say:
“Advanced Warfare employs game servers hosted at data centers globally on all platforms and listen servers as part of our proprietary matchmaking system. Our goal is to ensure the best possible connection and greatest gameplay experience regardless of location and time of day.”