Yesterday, we shared a benchmark ray tracing video for Boundary. And today, Studio Surgical Scalpels announced that players will be able to get a first look into boundless space during the open benchmark test on September 24th.
Along with the benchmark test announcement, the team has revealed new details on game modes and characters. The interstellar shooter will feature four action-packed game modes and six customizable characters at launch.
In order to provide incredible in-game resolution and visual perception, Surgical Scalpels has utilized the power of real-time ray tracing in Boundary. The upcoming title’s realistic space environments will feature complex space structures and orbiting facilities for players to navigate through. Beginning on September 24, players will be able to participate in the ray tracing benchmark by downloading the game here. The developers aim to improve real-time cinematic-quality rendering, light reaction to surfaces, and more throughout the benchmark.
Blending elements of MOBA and FPS gameplay, the title will launch with four game modes; Facility Capture, Team Death Match, Skirmish Mode, and Orbital Capture. Facility Capture mode will pit two teams of five players against each other in strategic combat. Astroperators will have 15 minutes to exert their dominance by gaining control of key objective areas to earn points. At the same time, they’ll have to thwart the enemy team from capturing.
In traditional deathmatch fashion, players will earn points by eliminating members of the enemy team. Players will contend with threats from all sides and a variety of ammunition creating a stunningly tactical firefight that is anything but traditional. Alongside the Facility Capture and Team Death Match modes, will be the unpredictable Skirmish mode, which challenges players to quickly adapt when given random loadouts and Orbital Capture, a single-elimination mode, favoring calculated tactics and risk assessment.
No matter the mode players decide to jump into, they’ll have six diverse characters to choose from. These characters are:
- Leeway – A deadly accurate sniper, Leeway utilizes an auxiliary arm for steady aim, and the ability to minimize recoil for a short time.
- Vodka – A rifle-toting damage dealer that offers a balanced kit featuring skills to temporarily improve his combat abilities and a grappling hook to tear him through enemy defenses at a blink.
- Spiker – Nimble and an ace of stealth, Spiker is able to launch deadly melee attacks and turn off electrical devices.
- Fixer – Capable of turning the tide of battle with her drones, Fixer is able to automatically repair nearby allies and in certain modes. Fixer is also able to bring teammates back to life remotely.
- Shielder – the most heavily armored Astroperator is equipped with a machine gun and ballistic shield.
- Probe – searching for every tactical advantage, Probe is a specialist at gathering information. Tracking missiles and detectors capable of locking down enemy signals round out Probe’s kit.
Boundary will release simultaneously on Steam and PS4 later this year.