Electronic Arts today announced a full slate of unique Battlefield- branded products for fans to enjoy. In anticipation of the Battlefield 4 launch on November 1st, DICE has hand-selected strategic licensing partners that will bring the Battlefield brand to new retail sectors and new demographics this holiday. These category leaders will give gamers a chance to engage with the Battlefield brand in new ways and further develop the profile of Battlefield in pop culture. In short, DICE and EA will be milking this franchise as much as possible.
According to the press release, with a range of Battlefield 4 items, players will be able to create a deeper connection with this title. Licensed products include a Battlefield 4 novel written by esteemed author Peter Grimsdale that provides backstory about the game’s heroic squad, a high-end art book that dives deeper into the imagery of Battlefield 4 and a range of Battlefield 4 gaming peripherals to help you feel the intensity of the battlefield. The full list of products in the officially licensed Battlefield 4 collection are:
1.Orion Publishing Group Battlefield 4 novel written by Peter Grimsdale
2. Titan Books Battlefield 4 art book in Standard and Limited Editions
3. Razer performance PC gaming peripherals and accessories, including mice, keyboards, headsets, messengers bags, and iPhone® cases
4. PDP performance Xbox 360 and PS3 controllers
5. Qpad premium PC mouse mats
6. Jinx clothing apparel and accessories including t-shirts, hoodies, hats, key chains and dog tags
7. Prima Games Standard and Collection Edition strategy guides
8. Cook & Becker Battlefield 4 artwork
9. Walls360 Battlefield 4 wall graphics
10. BigBen Interactive mobile device and tablet cases
Powered by the advanced technology of DICE’s proprietary Frostbite 3 engine, Battlefield 4 promises to deliver great visuals and an SP experience similar to COD (hooray). Battlefield 4 multiplayer, on the other hand, introduces key innovations including Levolution, where a dynamic environment reacts to the player’s every move to ensure no two games will ever be the same.
Players will also see the return of Commander Mode, a tug-of-war between two opposing players with a birds-eye view of the battlefield as they provide critical intelligence and powerful assets to their troops below. Battlefield 4 multiplayer will also feature epic 64-player battles running at a smooth 60 frames-per-second on Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®4 and PC.
Battlefield 4 will be available November 1st on PC, X360 and PS3. The game will also be available for Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 at a later date.