Warner Bros and Rocksteady have finally released the Interim performance patch for Batman: Arkham Knight. This patch brings optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage, reduces frame rate hitches, fixes hitches when running on mechanical hard drives and improves performance on all GPUs.
This patch will be auto-downloaded from Steam the next time you start it. Do note that the game is still not available for purchase, so this will benefit only those that already own it.
Here is the changelog for the Interim PC patch:
- Reduced frame rate hitches
- Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage
- Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
- More Comprehensive In-Game Settings
- Fixed low resolution texture bugs
- Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)
And here is what Rocksteady is currently working on for future updates:
- Adding support for SLI and Crossfire
- Adding support for the latest DLC & Season Pass content
- Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode
- Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play
- Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUs