Modder ‘hecumarine’ has released a new Texture Pack for the first Assassin’s Creed game. According to its description, Assassin’s Creed Overhaul 2016 features improved visuals and graphics, new particle effects, different npc skins, effects and shaders injector.
The goal of this mod is basically to change most textures from the original Assassin’s Creed game to those from Assassin’s Creed Revelations. In addition, some new textures have been used in the latest version of this Texture pack.
In the latest version of this mod, hecumarine added some new and increased the resolution of a number of textures, improved a lot of particles, and fixed many ugly things in order to further improve the atmosphere of the game.
Those interested can download this mod from here.
Here are the key features of Assassin’s Creed Overhaul 2016:
- improved particles, especially smoke and fire
- texture resolution doubled. From 256×256 to 512×512 and 512×512 to 1024×1024
- color correction improved further
- some texture fixes
- improvements of all cities including additional textures
- facial textures and outfits of important characters improved
- generic npcs improved including guards and citizens