Studio Wildcard today released a new update on Steam for its epic dino-survival adventure ARK: Survival Evolved. This massive patch (v256) comes with new content, including vacuum-sealed underwater bases and aquatic creature breeding, TEK teleporter pads and wireless generators, and four powerful creatures.
Today also brings the first major menu redesign of ARK, as the Inventory UI receives a complete visual and functional overhaul for a streamlined new look. This is a huge upgrade that means easier access to everything in the player’s inventory.
Jeremy Stieglitz, Lead Designer, Lead Programmer, and Co-Founder of Studio Wildcard, said:
“The new ARK Inventory UI is a total redesign of the game’s former clunky interface! This visual and functional overhaul brings right-click context menus and better organization for remote inventories. It’s a significant step on the road of preparing ARK for its home stretch of Early Access!”
Here is the full List of v256 new content:
- Mechanic: Aquatic & Amphibious Creature Breeding
- Dinos: Equus, Leedsichthys, Ichthyornis, Iguanodon!
- Structures & Mechanic: Tek Underwater Bases
- TEK Items: TEK Teleporter, TEK Mosa Saddle, TEK Power Generator
- Total Inventory Menu redesign (other UI’s coming soon!)
- 1 New Hairstyle and 1 New Facial Hairstyle (male and female variants). Growable ponytails with full physics and mutton chops!
- 30+ Explorer Notes
- New Weapon: The Lasso