Amnesia fans, here is something special for you today. Modder ‘florian’ has released a Remaster Mod for Amnesia The Dark Descent. This mod aims to significantly improve the graphics of this amazing horror game.
Amnesia: The Dark Descent is the first part in the Amnesia series that came out in 2010. Created by Frictional Games and using the HPL Engine 2, Amnesia was among the one of the first horror games that users used to create Twitch/YouTube impressions.
Amnesia The Dark Descent Remaster Mod features 4K textures for all objects and surfaces. The modder has upscaled all the textures by 4 times, and created some new textures from scratch. Furthermore, this mod adds many PBR materials, and a wide variety of floors and ceilings textures. It also reworks every single normal, specular and some height maps.
Additionally, this mod adds Parallax Occlusion Mapping, updates the game’s shaders and allows every light source to cast shadows. Moreover, it adds more reflections, and allows players to see through windows.
Below you can find all of the improvements that this mod brings to the table, as well as its launch trailer.
Frictional Games is currently working on a new Amnesia game, Amnesia Rebirth. As such, we believe that it’s the perfect time to replay this classic horror game.
You can download the Amnesia The Dark Descent Remaster Mod from here.
Amnesia The Dark Descent Remaster Mod Key Features
- Every single texture upscaled up to 4 times.
- Remade some textures from scratch
- Added many PBR materials
- Added a wide variety of floors and ceilings
- Redone every single normal, specular and some height maps
- more objects now use cubemaps
- more objects now use refraction including windows
- Updated shaders
- 3D parallax effect (thanks to Deu Sex & sgi)
- Updates to some entities including:
- Fixed the ragdoll pig
- More entities are now breakable
- Broken debris now doesn’t dissapear and is interactable
- Added subtle variety to enemies
- More entities are now interactable
- Lighting to every TDD map redone or tweaked
- Every light sources now cast shadows including player’s lantern
- Tweaked and upscaled most of the particle materials, and edited the .ps files
- Smoke and other particle systems are now affected by light level
- Small changes to player controls
- Fixed small number of known map bugs
- Added more reflection
- Windows now reflect the interior
- Water parts are now more reflective
- Some floors now reflect the interior
- You can see through windows
- Fonts are now sharper
- Some UI elements have been scaled down
- Cut content
- Added some diaries
- Also added some sounds
- Added the original/unused soundtrack
- Changed some reverb sounds
- Tweaks to script
- Add sanity areas to places where they were needed the most
- Tweaked some monster spawns
- Other minor tweaks (autowalk, lantern falling off the desk…)