AMD has released a new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.2 driver improves performance in DiRT4 when using 8xMSAA with the latest game build.
And… well… that’s it. This is more a hotfix than a new driver. As such, those experiencing performance issues in Codemasters’ latest racing game should go ahead and download it.
You can download the MD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.2 driver from here.
And here is the complete changelog for it.
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.2 Highlights
- Performance in DiRT4™ when using 8xMSAA is lower than expected with the latest game build.
- Graphical corruption may be experienced in Tom Clancy’s™: Rainbow Six Siege when MSAA is enabled.
- Adobe™ Lightroom may experience an application crash with GPU acceleration enabled on Windows® 7 system configurations using Radeon RX 390 Series graphics products.
- A small amount of apps may experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
- Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
Known Issues for Radeon ReLive
- The XBOX™ DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX™ DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
- Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
- Radeon ReLive may intermittently fail to work after performing task switches of applications. A work around is to disable and then enable the feature in Radeon Software.
- Radeon ReLive may exhibit corruption in recordings when capturing Microsoft Office applications.
- Radeon ReLive may experience recording or streaming issues when task switching using ALT+TAB.