AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the red team, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 driver offers optimal performance in The Medium.
Going into more details, this new driver improves performance by up to 9% at 4K/High settings on the RX 6800XT GPU.
Furthermore, this driver comes with a number of bug fixes. For instance, it fixes some intermittent application crashes in Metro Exodus when using DirectX Raytracing.
You can download this new driver from here. You can also find its complete changelog below.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 Driver Release Notes
- Up to 9% increase in performance in The Medium @ 4K High settings, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.1.1. RS-351
- Display flicker or corruption may be experienced when two displays are connected to Radeon RX Vega series graphics products with at least one display set to a high refresh rate.
- Screen flickering might be observed when using MSI Afterburner.
- Radeon™ recording and streaming features may fail to enable on AMD Radeon™ HD 7800 series graphics products.
- Some models may fail to render or may render incorrectly when using SketchUp™ on Radeon RDNA graphics products.
- Some Samsung™ CRG9 series displays may experience a black screen when waking from sleep.
- Metro Exodus™ may experience intermittent application crashes with DirectX® Raytracing enabled.
- Video playback on secondary displays may experience stutter while playing Doom Eternal™ on the primary display.