AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.1 driver improves Radeon Boost and Radeon Anti-Lag, and introduces a new built-in tool for Performance Tuning.
Going into more details, Radeon Boost now supports DirectX12 with Variable Rate Shading for select titles. Furthermore, Radeon Anti-Lag now supports DirectX 12.
Additionally, AMD has added support for DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods – Part Two, as well as the AMD Radeon RX 6700XT.
You can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.1 Driver Release Notes
- AMD Radeon RX 6700 Graphics
- DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods – Part Two
- Radeon Boost
- Now supports DirectX®12 with Variable Rate Shading for select titles.
- Radeon Anti-Lag
- Now supports DirectX®12.
- Performance Tuning Stress Test
- A new built in tool for Performance Tuning in Radeon Software that allows users to stress test their graphics products tuning profiles.
Fixed Issues #1
- Radeon Software may sometimes have higher than expected CPU utilization, even when a system is at idle.
- A system hang or crash may be experienced when upgrading Radeon Software while an Oculus™ VR headset is connected to your system on Radeon GCN graphics products.
- Minecraft™ DXR may exhibit corrupted or missing textures when ray tracing is enabled on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- An application crash may occur in Call of Duty™: Modern Warfare with ray tracing on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- Lighting fails to render correctly on Radeon RX 6800 series graphics products in Star Citizen™.
- A black screen may occur when enabling and disabling Enhanced Sync while vsync is enabled in some Vulkan® API games.
- A black screen or system hang may occur on Hybrid Graphics systems for some Vulkan® API games when Enhanced Sync is enabled.
- Bethesda™ launcher may experience an application crash on startup when launching some games.
- Users may be unable to create a new scene in the Radeon Software Streaming tab on first launch or after a settings factory reset.
Fixed Issues #2
- Game specific performance tuning profiles may fail to load when a global performance tuning profile has been created or set.
- Disabling HDCP support and performing a factory reset and/or system restart may sometimes trigger a system crash.
- Epic Games™ social overlay or launcher may exhibit color corruption.
- Xuan-Yuan Sword VII™ may experience an application crash with DirectX®12 ray tracing enabled on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics.
- Color corruption may be experienced in Cyberpunk 2077™ when Radeon Boost is enabled.
- Display flicker or corruption may occur on high refresh rate/resolution multi-monitor system configurations on Radeon RX Vega series graphics.
- Audio loss or cutout may intermittently occur on some TV displays when Windows® audio is set to use 5.1 or 7.1 speaker configurations.