AMD has released a new beta driver for its graphics cards. According to its changelog, this new driver adds support for AMD Mantle and AMD True Audio in THIEF, and improves stuttering observed in CrossFire mode. Obviously, you will also need THIEF’s latest update (that will release later today) in order to run the game via the Mantle API.
Those interested can download the new beta drivers from here.
And here are the key highlights of AMD’s Catalyst 14.3 Beta V1.0 Driver:
Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst™ 14.3 Beta V1.0 Driver for Windows®
- AMD Mantle and AMD True Audio support
- Improves stuttering observed in CrossFire mode
- Call of Duty: Ghosts: QUAD CrossFire profile update – improves level load times
- Audio issues observed when using CrossFire configurations (and V-sync enabled) have been resolved
- BattleField 4: V-sync issues observed on CrossFire configurations (with Mantle enabled) have been resolved
Intermittent driver stability issues when installing/un-installing on Desktop Kaveri platforms that support AMD Enduro technology under Windows 8.1. Please disable Enduro support to resolve the issue
Secondary GPUs do not enter low power state on CrossFire configurations; this issue will be addressed in the next AMD Catalyst beta release
Thief (DirectX): Lighting flickers on CrossFire configurations only after CrossFire has been enabled then disabled; this issue will be addressed in the next AMD Catalyst beta release
Battlefield 4 (DirectX): Quad CrossFire configurations with Eyefinity Display configurations suffer slowdowns and stability issues
Titanfall: Flickering occurs under AMD CrossFire configurations