Splash Damage and 343 Industries have announced that the Flighting program for Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC has been delayed. While the teams targeted an April launch, the flighting program has been delayed and even though there isn’t any estimated date yet, we believe that it will go live later this month.
Furthermore, Splash Damage has revealed some additional new details about the PC version. According to the team, the PC version will feature robust action mapping options, great mouse/keyboard input across the entire game, low input latency by leveraging raw input and latency validation via slow motion cameras and support for a broad set of mouse and gameplay options.
Moreover, PC gamers can expect support for FOV sliders (to the extent each game can realistically support), updated UI controls, robust video and game options, text chat, as well as support for 4K resolutions, GSync/Freesync monitors and high refresh rates.
Below you can find all the new tech details about Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC.
PC NATIVE PILLAR
Being PC native means that we deliver a best-in-class PC shooter as measured by PC gamers that require the following specifics.
- Robust action mapping options
- Great mouse/keyboard input across the entire game
- Low input latency by leveraging raw input and latency validation via slow motion cameras
- Support for a broad set of mouse and gameplay options
PC Native UI
- Updated UI controls familiar to PC users
- Robust video and game options that allow users to tailor the experience to their hardware
- Support for FOV sliders (to the extent each game can realistically support)
- Text chat
Runs on a variety of hardware and takes advantage of what is there in both UI and gameplay
- Range of resolution and aspect ratio support for monitors
- 4K+ resolution, native aspect ratio support from 4:3 up to 21:9 Ultrawide
- GSync/FreeSync support
- High refresh rate support
- Mice both high or low DPI
- Multiple styles of Keyboards
- Video cards, both dedicated and integrated
- XInput supported controllers
- Loading optimizations
High quality window handling
- Borderless full screen
- Flexible window resizing
- Gracefully handles keyboard shortcuts such as ALT-TAB/ALT-ENTER, etc.