Rising Star Games today announced that 88 Heroes, the chaotic 2D action platform game from acclaimed development studio Bitmap Bureau, will release on March 24. In order to celebrate this announcement, Rising Star Games released some new screenshots and the game’s launch trailer that can be viewed below.
Here are the game’s key features:
- 88 unique and original playable characters, each with their own skills and abilities that may help – or hinder! – the player.
- Hero order is randomly selected with each play, meaning players will always face a fresh and varied challenge.
- 88 levels across 4 zones to conquer, each with its own unique boss encounter.
- Multiple game modes including: Magnificent 8 mode – choose a team of just 8 heroes to tackle the entire game with; Solo mode – pick just one hero and master their skills in order to survive as long as you can.
- 2 additional heroes and 8 new levels in H8 Mode are featured exclusively to the physical boxed edition.
- Watch the action from Dr. H8’s lair as he tries to thwart your plans, drinks coffee, takes bathroom breaks and berates his accident-prone henchmen.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”