Grimrukh, the modder behind Dark Souls: Nightfall and creator of Dark Souls: Daughters of Ash, has added a Survival Mode to Elden Ring. Thanks to this mod, players can expect survival elements like hunger, thirst, temperature, and disease, a weapon crafting tree, and darker nights.
Here are the four key features of this unofficial Survival Mode:
- Survival: craft items to fight hunger, thirst, and temperature effects. Torrent is also nerfed.
- Weapon Tree: weapons cannot be found or bought and must be crafted from new materials and other “base” weapons.
- Diseases: you may randomly catch various diseases in different areas and must hunt for craftable cure recipes.
- Darkness: night time is much darker.
You can download the mod from here. As always, make sure to disable EasyAnticheat (Mod Engine 2 does this automatically which is what the modder suggests using).
Speaking of Elden Ring, here some other cools mods for it. Last month, we informed you about a mod that adds seamless co-op functionalities to the game. Then we have this mod that removes the awful Chromatic Aberration effect. You can also download an easier-to-use Field of View Mod. Flawless Ultrawide is another must-have mod as it enables support for ultra-wide resolutions/monitors. There is also an unofficial Photo Mode. Furthermore, this mod will unlock the game’s framerate. And lastly, this mod attempts to fix stuttering by implementing VKD3D fixes natively in DX12.
Elden Ring: Survival Mode trailer! ?
– Craft new food items to fight hunger and thirst
– Use new materials to craft and upgrade weapons
– Find cures for region-specific diseases
– Truly dark nights
— Grimrukh (@grimrukh) June 2, 2022