Modder ‘Orange’ has released an interesting overhaul mod for Dark Souls Remastered, which is 1.1GB in size and is called The Old Lords. According to the modder, this mod aims to provide a fresh and unique experience.
Going into more details, The Old Lords adds plenty of new rings, consumables, armor, and weapons. Moreover, it drastically changes enemy and item placements. Not only that, but it overhauls and remixes boss placements, and adds a lot of cut content.
You can download the mod from here. Below you can also find its key features.
Speaking of Dark Souls Remastered, you may be also interested in the following mods. There is a 6GB HD Texture Pack that overhauls maps, objects and enemies. There is also another graphics mod that improves the fog, lighting, light scattering, shadows, color correction and contrast of all areas. Additionally, this Ultra HD Texture Pack adds more than 100 high-quality 4K textures. Dark Souls: Remastest V2.0 is another amazing mod that adds Halo: Combat Evolved weapons, new MP maps, special attacks & more to the game. There is also a mod that adds the Dark Souls 2 armors to the first game. And lastly, you can download the demo for Dark Souls: Nightfall.
Dark Souls Remastered The Old Lords 2.0 Key Features
- Adds in over 50 new rings with unique lore and effects
- Adds over 25 new consumables with unique lore and effects
- Overhauled the majority of the bosses, providing an extra challenge as well as making them more interesting to fight
- Adds 3 cut content armor sets, 4 cut content weapons and a cut content spell
- Restores 2 cut content enemies ( AI is still a WIP)
- Every npc merchant sells new and more interesting items
- Changed enemy and item placement drastically in every map
- The majority of weapons have unique effects that make them more viable/ fun to use.
- Plenty of Quality of Life changes
- Certain enemies and bosses have a slightly altered appearance
- Remade the majority of spells into a new one. Other spells have been made more viable/ fun to use
- NPC companions are provided in certain maps
- Some NPCs are in different locations, have different equipment and altered dialogue
- New ways for progression
- Weapons special attacks (Moonlight GS, Dragon weapons), no longer drain durability. Instead they take up a large amount of stamina
- Bosses and enemies drop different items
- Overhauled many weapons to have new movesets, scaling and damage
- The mod has its own story. The mod takes place in the near future of Lordran. Altered the descriptions of various items to fit the new timeline
- BED OF CHAOS IS OPTIONAL
- Other enemies from other different maps have been added to different maps. (e.g skeletons in painted world, infested ghoul in izalith etc)