Man, it’s been a while since our last First Impressions article. Ghost Blade HD, a new bullet-hell shoot ’em up game, releases today and Beefjack has provided us with a review code for it. As such, below you can read our first impressions of it, accompanied by a video showing 8 minutes of gameplay footage.
Ghost Blade HD is a top-down shoot ’em up and comes with three ships and five stages. The game features a Tutorial mode, a Score Attack mode, as well as its main story/arcade mode. The game also supports two-player local co-op mode for those wishing to play this game with a friend.
Ghost Blade HD is a cool shoot ’em up that comes with some really cute visuals, featuring large ships and enemies. However, there is a lot of debris on-screen and sometimes it becomes really, really difficult to see the enemy projectiles.
Furthermore, and given how big everything is in Ghost Blade HD (compared to other shoot ’em ups), it feels like the game is zoomed in. Now I’m sure that some people may like this, however I sometimes felt the need to zoom out in order to see more of what is happening on screen.
Moreover, Ghost Blade HD features only five stages. While the game will be priced at $9.99, I kind of wished for more stages. And that’s because I was able to finish the game in 30 minutes (more or less) on Normal difficulty. Truth be told, and as you will see in the accompanied video, I died numerous times but that’s a bit irrelevant. Yes, I’m pretty sure that some die-hard shoot ’em up fans will try to finish Ghost Blade HD without dying at all, but it feel so short.
In short, check out our video below as it will give you an idea of what to expect from this brand new shoot ’em up title.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Beautiful, detailed HD Graphics
- 5 Stages with HUGE Boss Enemies
- 3 Player battle ships with different gun types
- Instant Respawn – No cutscenes!
- Practice Mode
- Score Attack Mode
- Fine tuned gameplay and balanced difficulty
- 3 difficulty levels: Easy, Normal and Hard.
- 60 FPS
- Arcade-style gameplay and addictive scoring system
- Auto-bomb enabled Easy mode for beginners
- TATE/portrait screen option available
- 2-player local co-op mode for addictive fun
- Incredible Soundtrack composed by Rafael Dyll
- Tone down background brightness
- Online Leaderboards
Ghost Blade HD will be available on Steam on March 8th!