Striking Distance Studios has just released a new patch for The Callisto Protocol. This update is 11GB in size on PC, and adds the highly anticipated New Game+ Mode.
Unfortunately, the team has not revealed any changelog for this patch. We also don’t know whether this update brings any performance improvements (especially when enabling its Ray Tracing effects).
Since I’ve already installed the game, I’ll be testing it shortly with this new update. My guess is that there won’t be any major optimization improvements but hey, I’ll at least try to be positive here.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client.
Stay tuned for an update regarding the game’s performance. I’ll also be sure to add the full changelog once Striking Distance Studios shares it!
This latest update brings a minor performance increase without Ray Tracing. Compared to its launch version, this latest build runs about 5fps faster at 4K/Max Settings/No RT on our NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090. Unfortunately, though, the game is still unplayable the moment you enable Ray Tracing. The game still relies heavily on one-two CPU cores/threads, and Denuvo is still present. Not only that, but Striking Distance Studios has not added yet support for DLSS 3 (and I don’t expect them to do so as this is an AMD-sponsored title).
Here are the changelog/release notes for this patch.
The Callisto Protocol January 19th Patch Notes
- Users who previously completed the game will have access to NewGame+ after the patch.
- Application restart may be required.
- Requires an active save file from game completion.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not correctly granted the “The Protocol is About Life” achievement
- Added New Game Plus. Complete the game to unlock New Game Plus and carry your pression over to a new save. All weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits can be collected at the first Reforge
- General performance optimizations across all platforms
- Players no longer take damage when vaulting over obstacles
- Fixed multiple issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could cause environments to stream out and allow Jacob to fall through the ground
- Consistency pass on cabinets, lockers, and shelves to display correctly in High Contrast mode
- Voice leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustments across localized languages
- Fixed low frequency crash in the Tunnels level during the Two Head fight
- Skip Cinematics button has been mapped to the Interact/Pickup input
- Fixed a long hitch when enabling Ray-Traced Shadows in the main menu
- Prevented mouse cursor from displaying during some area transitions